2018-2019 Terms and Conditions of Entry
By submitting an entry to the UK VA Awards, you agree that you have read, understand and are bound by these terms and conditions of entry.
1. The UK VA Awards (the "Awards") are open only to persons who are carrying on the business of providing Virtual Assistant services.
2. The Awards are open to residents of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland or Wales only. Employees, agents or contractors of Storm Media and Publishing Limited (�SMAP�) or anyone else connected with SMAP such as sponsors (or any of their relatives) may not enter. BeMyVA is a trading division of SMAP.
3. The Awards are based on performance between the dates:
VA of the Year 2018: 1st January 2017 and 30th June 2018
UK Best Newcomer VA 2019: 1st October 2017 and 31st December 2018
UK Outstanding VA 2019: 1st January 2017 and 31st December 2018
4. You can only apply by using the official application process, by starting here http://www.vaconference.co.uk/enter-now.html, or by sending your �expression of interest� e-mail to email@example.com. You may also enter by posting your official application to Storm Media and Publishing Limited with registered office at 52 High Street, Harrow-on-the-Hill, Middlesex, HA1 3LL. All entries must be received by the date(s) specified on the website www.vaconference.co.uk/awards. Entries received after this time will not be considered.
5. We cannot be held responsible for any lost, incomplete or delayed entries or for any technical problems that result in us not receiving your entry. We shall not be obliged to provide you with any acknowledgement for your entry.
6. We will not consider entries that do not contain the requisite information so please ensure that you have completed the entry documentation requirements in full. We reserve the right to disqualify any entry for any reason.
7. You may only enter the Awards once for each category (apart from VA of the Year and Best Newcomer VA where you may only enter in one of these categories for the Award cycle). However, if you meet the criteria, you may enter as many categories of Awards as you would like.
8. If you are entering the Awards on behalf of an organisation, you warrant that you have the requisite authority to enter the Awards on behalf of such organisation.
9. You may only enter the Awards for yourself and entries on behalf of other individuals or other organisations will not be accepted.
10. The panel of judges for the Awards and the outline criteria to be applied by the judges are set out on our website at www.vaconference.co.uk. The panel will select a shortlist of no more than 7 entries per category.
11.The judges that we have selected for your award are expected to be impartial and shall judge the entries in accordance with objective criteria. We may however substitute judges where we feel necessary without having to publicise such substitution.
12. We will only contact you about the Awards if you have been shortlisted and will contact all shortlisted entrants by phone or by email before 31 January 2019 (or such revised date as we may post on our website: www.vaconference.co.uk). If you are shortlisted, we will invite you to attend the Awards ceremonies taking place in various locations between April 2018 and March 2019.The names of the winners and runner ups will be announced at the Awards ceremony associated to the Award entered.
13. Our panel of judge�s decision is final and we will not enter into any correspondence with anyone about the entries, process, judging criteria or why a winner was chosen.
14. Prizes provided by sponsors will be as set out on the website www.vaconference.co.uk.
15. In the event that prizes are awarded, they shall be awarded at the Awards ceremony and shall be non-transferable and not redeemable for cash. We reserve the right to substitute any prize with another prize of similar value.
16. By entering the Awards, you agree that:
(i) you will take part in any promotional activity related to the Awards as reasonably requested at any time within the 12 months following the awards ceremony, that you will license us to use your entry in any way we deem fit, that you permit us to photograph and video you and to publish such photographs and video on whatever media we see fit and that you permit us to publish your name and business name and logo on such media as we see fit; and
(iii) you are available to attend, and will attend at your own expense, the Awards ceremony.
17. We shall not be obliged to return any entries or any supporting materials to you.
18. If you would like to know who has won the Awards, please send a stamped addressed envelope to us at Storm Media and Publishing Limited, 52 High Street, Harrow-on-the-Hill, Middlesex HA1 3LL and we will send you the details.
19. Insofar as we are able by law, we disclaim all liability related to you entering the Awards (including all consequential and indirect losses).
20. By entering into the Awards, you warrant that all information and materials provided by you (i) are true and not misleading in any way, (ii) are not defamatory in any way and (iii) do not infringe the rights of any third party.
21. We reserve the right at any time and for any reason to amend the award categories, to substitute the judges, to delay the closing date or the Awards ceremony, to change the venue of the Awards ceremony or to cancel the Awards. We shall not be liable under any circumstances for taking any of the aforementioned actions.
22. Entry to the Awards is free and no purchase of products or services is necessary.
23. The Awards and these terms and conditions of entry are governed by English law and any dispute arising from the Awards or from these terms and conditions of entry shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
24. The promoter of these Awards is Storm Media and Publishing Limited with registered office at 52 High Street, Harrow-on-the-Hill, Middlesex, HA1 3LL.
25. We reserve the right to amend these terms of entry at any time. Any amendments shall be incorporated into these terms and conditions by reference to the terms and conditions on our website.
- ENDS -